Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Preston Bailey's Color Picker...

Okay, I admit it:  I have a super-huge-floral-designer-major-mad-crush on the incredible Preston Bailey, floral and event designer extraordinaire!  For those of you who aren't familiar with his work, he's the designer of choice for all of Miss Oprah's lavish events, as well as countless others -- both star-related as well as the more common folk like myself (ahem, well-budgeted common folk, that is!).  I've been a full-on fan of his ever since I bought one of his first gorgeous books at Harrod's in London and lugged it all the way home to California (and yes, I did indeed hand-carry it on the plane so it wouldn't be lost along with my luggage!).

His website has this really cool color picker that I wanted to pass along to everyone, but I must issue the following warning:  It's extremely addictive, so approach with caution!  It's an amazing way to play with potential color combos and "looks" for your wedding -- hence the addiction part...  Super-easy to use; Preston recommends that you start by selecting your favorite color, after which you make some selections about your event's details, and voila! -- your design dilemmas just melt away...  (Well, okay, maybe not on the average budget of most weddings, but it's a great jumping-off point -- and did I mention that it's oh-so-fun?!)

Enjoy!!!  Click here:  Preston Bailey's Color Picker




No comments: